- June 8 - 12 - Guard Camp
- June 22-26 - Percussion & Freshman Camp
- June 23, 25, 30 & July 2 - 4th of July Parade Practice
- July 7 - Band Booster Meeting
- July 10 Fun Fest Parade
- July 10 - July 18 - Fun Fest
- July 20 - 29 - Band Camp
- July 29 - Pot Luck and Parent Performance
- August 4 - Band Booster Meeting
- August 15 - Car Wash, Car Show, Yard Sale
- August 20 - Football at Boone
- August 28 - Football vs. TN High at Home
- September 1 - Band Booster Meeting
- September 4 - Football vs. Seymour at Home - Alumni Game
- September 11 - Football at Gate City - Band NOT Going
- September 18 - Football at Cherokee - Band NOT Going
- October 2 - Football vs. Central at Home - Homecoming
- October 3 - Band Competition at TN High
- October 6 - Band Booster Meeting
- October 9 - Football vs. Greeneville at Home Middle School Night
- October 16 - Football at East
- October 17 - Band Competition
- October 23 - Football vs. Grainger at Home - Senior Night
- October 24 - Band Compeittion at Science Hill
- October 30 - Football at Volunteer
- October 31 - Band Competition
- November 3 - Band Booster Meeting
- December 1 - Band Booster Meeting
- January 12 - Band Booster Meeting
- February 2 - Band Booster Meeting
- March 8 - Band Booster Meeting
- April 5 - Band Booster Meeting
- May 3 - Band Booster Meeting
Congratulations to all of our All County Students:
Flutes – L. Meffe, 1st Chair; H. Tranum, 8th Chair
Clarinets – K. Diamond, 1st Chair; M. Zimmerman, 3rd Chair; K. Wilson, 5th Chair; A. Zimmerman, 6th Chair; T. Rose, 7th Chair; J. Schucht, 9th Chair; R. Hilton, 11th Chair
Bass Clarinet – C. Peters, 1st Chair
Saxophones – M. King, 1st Chair; S. Newsome, 2nd Chair; K. Skotty, 6th Chair, K. Floyd, 7th Chair
Tenor Saxophone – B. Hamrick, 2nd Chair
Trumpets – M. Topping, 2nd Chair; L. Brickey, 3rd Chair; C. Hamilton, 6th Chair; J. Starnes, 7th Chair; C. Scarce, 8th Chair
Trombones – A. Luster 1st Chair; J. Wagner, 2nd Chair
Baritones – C. Scarce, 3rd Chair
Tubas – B. Baskett, 1st Chair
Percussion – D. Judge, 5th Chair; C. Jenkins, 6th Chair
Congratulations to the following students who participated in All State East Auditions and received a placement:
L. Meffe - 8th Chair Flute 11/12 Blue Band
K. Diamond - 13th Chair Clarinet 11/12 Blue Band
M. Zimmerman - 15th Chair Clarinet 11/12 Red Band
C. Peters- 1st Chair Bass Clarinet 11/12 Red Band
Last Updated 5/20/15
- DropBox Links
- The FunFest season is upon us. In order to assist with signing up, I created multiple events that make it easier you to find the perfect spot in the sun.
Please visit http://www.signupgenius.com and enter my email address as the look up code.
My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each event has specific slots and times for "Adult Volunteers" and for "Any Volunteer".
If we have requested an Adult Volunteer, please take those slots first. We highly encourage students to sign up for the other slots.
Remember that Site Supervisors, Finance Team, and Cashiers must attend the FunFest training event on July 7, 2015.
- Fall Fees for this year are $275 for the first child and $140 for each additional sibling. The sibling discount will be applied to the older student's account. A $50 registration fee plus any additional items you purchase (photo buttons, extra t-shirts, booster fees, etc.) is due at the time of registration or NO LATER than JUNE 1, 2015 and is non refundable after June 1. Note: Your child will not receive their themed t-shirt if the $50 registration is not paid by the time the t-shirts are delivered. You can pay by cash, MO, Debit Card, or Credit Card. If you choose payment plan, and input your Credit/Debit information and have the system store the card information, then, your card will be drafted on the following schedule:
- $50 + additional items at registration
- $75 due 6/15/15
- $75 due 7/15/15
- $75 due 9/1/15
ALL RETURNING Students need to have their contact, medical, and emergency information updated. To review the information you have entered for your child, click “Account Settings.” At this point you can Edit either your Account Information or your Emergency Contact Information. To update types of over the counter medical products your student can receive, physician contact information, or to update insurance information click on your child’s Name.
Also, NEW this year, you as an ADULT VOLUNTEER can sign yourself up for the committee(s) with which you want to help at the same time you register your child:
- Equipment Crew
NOTE: You must have Chaperone training before signing up for Uniforms, Chaperones, or Equipment Crew
If you have ANY questions, please contact Vicky Pinto
- Signups for Chaperones for Summer camps is now underway, to see what is available and to sign up.
- We have a collection of past band T-shirts and we are going to Shadowbox them and decorate the band hallways with them. We currently have T-shirts from 1998 to present. We would like to have shirts from before 1998 as well. If you can help, please message us.
We are also going to Shadowbox all of the school band uniforms. However, we need the first school uniform. So if anyone out there might have that first uniform or know someone who does, please message us.
If you would like to sponsor one of the T-Shirts or Shadowboxes, you can do so as follows: T-Shirt - $25 Donation; Uniform Shadow Box - $50 Donation. If interested
We are also still accepting Baby Bullet Sponsorships for a $100 Donation .
- Vicky Pinto has one, just one, simply one, only one, parent polo shirt left to sell. Size: Men's XL. Cost: $30. Contact Vicky if you'd like to purchase it
- Vicky Pinto has car decals, if you are interested, Contact Vicky. Decals are $3 each
- Stephanie Rose has Sullivan South Rebel Band Lanyards, if you are interested, Contact Stephanie Rose. Lanyards are $3 each.
- Registration for the Outback Bowl is now OPEN. To register:
1. Go to www.music-travel.com
2. Click the MTC online logo
3. Select “New User”
4. Fill out contact information
5. Select “Register a Traveler
6. Enter trip number 1512-6-38
7. Add Traveler/Travelers
8. Select “Make a Payment” to Pay Deposit
If you are planning to go on the trip, please register by ASAP.
The only activity that Music Travel will coordinate for those NOT riding the trip bus are tickets to the Outback Bowl Football Game. If you are interested in purchasing TICKETS ONLY, email Ben Hilmer so he can get you on the list.
- We are getting a head start on our August Yard Sale. If you have any items that you would like to donate to the yard sale (Furniture/Home Décor etc) Please contact Debra DeBraal.
- We still have several students who have not turned in there Instrument Rental Contract and Payment, Please do so ASAP. Here is a link to the contract http://www.sullivansouthrebelband.com/html/inst_rental.html
- If you did not pay your $50 bibber fee at fitting, please put your payment in the red box
- Solo/Ensemble fee of $10 due ASAP if you are participating in this activiy on March 7, 2015.
- If you have not yet paid your concert band fees, they are DUE
- We still have a few people who have not paid their Senior Clinc fee, please put your $10 payment in the red box and mark with student name and Senior Clinic
- Support Sullivan South Band when you shop at Amazon.com Click Here:
- If you have any used band items (shoes, reeds, instruments etc.) that are in good shape and you would like to resell to have them added to our
- Stephanie Rose has set up a fundraising site on YouCaring.com to raise funds for the Outback Bowl Trip. All money raised through this site will be divided evenly by the students registered for the trip. Distributions will be made monthly to active accounts on the Music Travel. The link to our site is https://www.youcaring.com/sshsband. Please share this information with as many people as you can. The more the word gets out, the more money that could be raised. For more details about our YouCaring site. A few slides of explanation that can be viewed at YouCaring Details. YouCaring Flyer Handout